Located west of Fort Worth, Texas, at the eastern edge of the cross timbers region of the state, the land has great natural beauty and particularly interesting topography.
Since its inception, Walsh Ranch has been a working cattle ranch renowned for the quality of its cattle. In the 1950s it became one of the premier Charolais breeding operations in the country, and it also hosted the largest Charolais herd in North America.
In addition to the appealing natural setting, the WALSH name adds another layer of distinction. Since the 1930s, F. Howard and Mary D. Walsh have been recognized as two of Fort Worth’s most distinguished citizens, deeply involved in community philanthropy.
From their unparalleled support of Texas Christian University, to their devotion to education, the arts, children’s causes, and countless charities, the WALSH name is synonymous with excellence.
WALSH is steeped in history, not only of its operations, but in the tradition of its owners who had a vision for what it could be and how they could so demonstrably, yet humbly, support the community they love. WALSH proudly bears their legacy and their commitment to Fort Worth and Texas. It is fitting that these remarkable citizens will be remembered in perpetuity through the quality of life of all those who will live, work, play, and worship at WALSH.
The Walsh Companies have master planned, designed and will implement a quality mixed-use community on 7,275 ± acres in Tarrant and Parker Counties, Texas.
The community incorporates state-of-the-art planning techniques, creating a strong sense of place that will be a sustainable asset to the City of Fort Worth, the Region and the State.
WALSH is located in western Tarrant County and eastern Parker County about 3 1/2 miles west of the intersection of IH-30 with W. Loop 820.
WALSH is approximately 9 miles from the property to Downtown Fort Worth, 6 miles to Lockheed Martin / Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base area, 20 miles to Alliance Airport and 30 miles to DFW Airport.
- 7,275 ± Acres | 11.4 square miles
- 1,698.5 acres in Tarrant County
- 5,576.5 acres in Parker County
- Property annexed for limited purpose within the City of Forth Worth
- Property is 3.6 miles across from east to west; property is 6.8 miles from north to south
- Over 7 miles of Interstate frontage along I-30, and I-20
- Property surrounds intersection of I-20 with I-30
- 100,000+ vehicles pass WALSH on I-20/I-30 daily
- Over 3.1 million residents within 45-minute drive time of the property
- Property elevations: high point 1047 elevation; low point 774 elevation
- Property is located in the City’s Far West Planning Sector
- A portion of the property is within area designated on Fort Worth Comprehensive Plan as a “Community” Mixed-Use Growth Center
- Majority of the land falls in the Aledo Independent School District
The WALSH property is suited for a variety of residential types.
With sites positioned in key locations across the property, the potential for commercial space at WALSH is tremendous.
The mixed use areas of the project will blend the best of shopping, dining, luxury residential, high-tech work spaces, hotels and medical facilities to serve not only those living at WALSH but the entire region.
The new Dallas-Fort Worth technology corridor at WALSH will contain corporate campus and office solutions for a wide variety of companies looking to either re-locate or establish themselves at WALSH.
Walsh Town Center
This dense development area will be located at the confluence of Interstate 30 and Interstate 20 and accessed via Walsh Ranch Parkway. The vision for Walsh Town Center is for it to become a highly sought after social, entertainment and lifestyle hub in North Texas.